Time Strategies

    

Time is Short. Source: Flickr.

    I think time management strategies are very important for being successful in this class. The assignments can begin to build up if not planned out. It's easy to put things off but it's important to try to stay up to date and even get things done ahead of time. The articles I read were "How to build a realistic study plan that you'll actually stick to" by Amanda Collins and "How to Beat Procrastination" by Caroline Webb.
    The articles were very useful. They gave lots of ideas to take into consideration when trying to find strategies that work best for you. The first article was by Amanda Collins talked a lot about planning out your time and making a good schedule. If you create time slots for things, it's easier to get things done. It mentions how things should be made into weekly rituals and that daily planners can be useful. I think all of those ideas are great, and I would love to try them all! The second article by Caroline Webb provides some other tips to fight procrastination. She states that it can be helpful to commit to people and tell them you are going to get something done, which may help with accountability. One other suggestion she had that I liked was to "tie the first step to a treat." I think getting started or the first step to something can seem very daunting. However, if you associate with something positive, it will most likely be easier to do.
    I think my biggest time challenge this semester will just to get everything done. I am studying for the MCAT, taking a bunch of classes, working, and I'm very involved on campus. I am really going to have to create some kind of plan to make sure to space out my time to ensure that I get it all done to the best of my ability. Currently, I have a daily planner but also sometimes have a hard time planning time for specific assignments. Some assignments take a lot longer than I anticipated.

Comments

Popular Posts