Topic Brainstorm Week 2

 

Wizard of Oz Characters. Source: Pixy.

Topic #1: Friends of Oz

    I talked about this storybook in my week one post, and I decided to go back to it and make it a potential topic of mine. I really liked how this storybook took a known story/movie and added details to it. Most people have seen the movie, The Wizard of Oz, which is what had originally brought me in to read the storybook. I would love to create a storybook similar to this one where I take a known piece of work such as a popular book or movie and add details to it. I would like to learn some more ideas on how to add to an existing piece of work. I would love to be able to maybe take a movie that has a cliffhanger and give it my own ending or like in this storybook, give background to some characters that the audience does not know much about.

Topic #2: A Dog's Adventures

    Like most people, I love animals. I have three dogs of my own and love every second of hanging around and playing with them. I'm interested in this topic because I think it would be very cool to write a storybook where I document an animal's thoughts and feelings as they embark on a journey to different places. These places could be different parts of the world like in this storybook or could just be different places in one's city. I would love to learn how to be creative with something like this and just have fun with the topic, making it my own. I could document a dog's experience or another animal as well.

Topic #3: Live on University Legends

    I was interested in this topic because it took something I knew, the University of Oklahoma, and told information about it that I had never heard. I also do like to hear spooky stories as well. I did not have any previous knowledge of these stories but have been in all of the buildings that the stories take place in. I would like to learn more about the supposed ghost stories at OU since I do not know much. I think that I would want to make up my own stories for a certain place that many people know about. The stories in this storybook have some true stories that go along with them, but I think I would just want to create my own background information and create my own stories about spooky instances.

Topic #4: Fairy Tale Villain Stories

    I really enjoyed reading this storybook, and I think it would be very fun to do something similar to this storybook. This topic is interesting because similar to my topic one, it takes existing pieces of work such as Rapunzel and adds information to the tale. The storybook told the perspectives of the villains in the stories. I think this allows for a lot of creativity. I have seen the movie, Rapunzel so I have a little experience with the movie. I would love to learn how I can be more creative with my writing and be able to come up with awesome ideas that keep an audience engaged. I think of movies such as Toy Story 3 that have toy villains like Lotso, the bear. It would be fun to tell another side of the story so the audience knows how the villain came to be.


Comments

Popular Posts