Week 8 Reading and Writing

Favorite Image from Previous Reading Notes. Source: Flickr.
 

    The reading and writing assignments are going well! I really enjoy the writing assignments and being able to try to be creative when telling a story. Over time, the assignments have gotten a little easier each week because, with each week, I've had more practice. I am happy with my blog and project website this far. I never thought I would be writing something such as a blog, but here I am. It's very cool to see them both come together. I think my biggest accomplishment in my writing for this class is just doing it honestly. This is something that I would have never done, so I'm happy that this class has made me do it. It's awesome to be able to be creative with your words and share ideas and interests with other people.

    I think my favorite reading has been the origin story of how thunder and lightning came to be and ended up in the sky. I think origin stories are so cool and allow a ton of room for creativity. So far, I am happy with my reading notes. I am still trying to figure out how to read like a writer and make sure that I am taking notes about things that will be useful when it comes to writing a story. When I take notes, I really like to focus on the plot and even elements of a story that are distinct to that kind of story. Sometimes the words the author uses are indicative of what the story will be about.

    I chose the image above because I love animals and also origin stories. This image came from some reading notes that I did about an origin story. The origin story was about how the elephant ended up such small eyes in proportion to its enormous body.

    There is nothing that I can think of looking forward that I should be doing. I think practice is the best thing to help improve my creativity with writing stories as well as my ability to take good notes about stories.

Comments

Popular Posts