Microfiction: The Big Egg

 

The Big Egg. Source: Wikimedia Commons.

    Short Story: Once upon a time, a little boy named Jimmy took a walk through a forest behind his house. He encountered all sorts of critters along the way. He eventually made it to a nearby creek and began skipping rocks in it. Jimmy skipped rock after rock until he noticed something sticking out of the creek's bank. He ran over to it and began to dig up the unknown object. It took him over four hours to finally uncover the mysterious thing. He realized it was an egg of some sort. Possibly a dinosaur egg he thought.

    Shorter Story: Jimmy took a walk through a forest outside his house to a creek where he liked to skip rocks. While skipping rocks, he noticed an egg that was buried in the bank and thought he had discovered a dinosaur egg.

Author's Note: I decided to just create a story of my own and came up with the idea of a little boy discovering a possible dinosaur egg. I chose the name Jimmy because I thought it could resemble a young boy, and I chose the idea of a dinosaur egg because I know a few young boys that love dinosaurs. I thought a young boy would be thrilled at the idea of discovering something like a dinosaur egg. I decided to have him going through the woods and also skipping rocks because that is what I used to do when I was younger.

Comments

  1. Hi Landon,
    Your short stories are so much fun! I used to walk through the woods and play in the creek when I was little. Your story took me back to that time in my life. However, I was never good at skipping rocks. I like how the little boy thinks he might have found a dinosaur egg. Seems like a fun adventure! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Landon! Great micro fiction story! I like how it gives the childhood innocence feel to it. All children like discovering new things and pretending. Can't imagine that mom's reaction though when she discovers her son brought home a dinosaur egg! Wonder what kind of dinosaur it is? If its a meat eating one that could get messy! I also like how you did the short story and then a shorter story. I am one of those people that find it really hard to write less than 1000 words for a story, so I'm always really impressed when I see others who can tell a story in very few words and tell it well. Great job! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts